Technical Head of Research, PhD, professor at the Centre for Health Informatics and Technology, SDU
Uffe’s research focuses on data – how to collect, analyse, group, sort and visualise large amounts of data. He is the head of research of [email protected], which with a budget of more than DKK300.000.000 is the largest research venture in Denmark within welfare and health technology
A better overview of data gives a better base for decisions within the hospital management, the health personnel and the patients.
”I hope that I, with my background in health technology, will be able to make technology, which will reach the clinic, can be implemented and make a difference for the personnel and the patients. At the limit we are helping with saving human life or preventing a loss of functional capacity for the patients. That makes sense!”
Uffe is the producer of SDU’s strategic focus area within welfare innovation.
Uffe has published more than 200 scientific articles and is the editor of a range of international periodicals.
- Sidsel Willumsen: Methods for Monitoring Availability, Use and Effect of Health Information Technology Systems in Denmark (expected to be completed in 2019)
- Ali Ebrahimi: A Predictive Model to Detect Alcohol Use Disorder (expected to be completed in 2021)
- Thomas Scmidt: Identification of high-risk patients – An analysis of patient data for developing a new model for the identification of risk patients.
- Pernille Ravn Jakobsen: mHealth for women with osteoporosis – a viable solution for a more user centric approach? A participatory design study to develop an mHealth solution. (Co-supervisor)
- Charlotte Myhre: How can treatment of patients with hip fracture be improved promoting patient’s self-care and empowerment. A participatory design study. (Co-supervisor)