The HealthDrone project celebrated its end on Tuesday 20 September 2022 at the New OUH in Odense – with a suitable view of the future helicopter landing pad.
The project started in 2019 and has tackled many issues related to drone flights and the use of drones in the healthcare system during the project period.
Some of the project’s most important results are:
- an early evaluation of the consequences in clinical, patient satisfaction, financial, technical and organisational areas.
- analysis of the most significant barriers to using drones in healthcare.
- a long series of test flights – a total of over 5000 km and 160 hours. At the end of the project period, the drone flew the entire distance from Svendborg Hospital to Ærø Hospital.
- testing of drones and drone technology.
- 11 peer-reviewed publications published and more on the way.
There is a scientific article on the way about the evaluation’s conclusions.