Clinical Head of Research, PhD, professor at the Hans Christian Andersen Children’s Hospital at OUH.
Jane’s speciality is participatory design; a research design that is developed in computer sciences, but is adapted and developed for health sciences by Jane. Participatory design involves all stakeholders in the entire research process;patients, relatives, clinicians, the management and companies.
Jane is originally an educated nurse and has among many other thing been involved with introducing the graduate programme of clinical healthcare; MSc at SDU. Besides her research and supervison of a range of PhD students, Jane teaches different health scientific educations.
In the spring of 2017, she won the award for Researcher of the Year at the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Southern Denmark, and in November 2017, Jane was appointed professor of telemedicine at the Hans Christian Andersen Children’s Hospital at OUH.
Jane is not affraid to ask the unusual questions and call “usual” into question. She wants to bring subjects, which are not usually mentioned in the health services into focus.
”It motivates me to change things into the better. I am eager to bring the research made by us into the world for patients and the common population. Research needs to come forward to work and make a difference”.
- Charlotte Nielsen: Improving the kidney transplant process by using patient involvement and mHealth
- Camilla Gry Temmesen: Have the kids you want while you can; A study of age-related fertility problems and considerations on timing of motherhood
- Dorthe Boe Danbjørg: A lifeline connecting new parents with the hospital: Using Participatory Design to develop and test an app for parents being discharged early postnatal
- Carl Brandt: Long-term effects of interactive online nutrition and weight-loss counselling in general practice (LIVA) – A randomised controlled trial (Co-supervisor)
- Pernille Ravn Jakobsen: mHealth for women with osteoporosis – a viable solution for a more user centric approach? A participatory design study to develop an mHealth solution.
- Kristina Garne Holm: Tidligt hjemmeophold: Anvendelse af telemedicin for forældre til præmature børn indlagt i eget hjem
- Charlotte Myhre: How can treatment of patients with hip fracture be improved promoting patient’s self-care and empowerment. A participatory design study.